martes, 2 de abril de 2013

Women's day


In our school, the women's day is a so special celebration. The women are those people who give us (as men) feelings such us happiness or bliss. In tenth grade five, we are lucky because come with beautiful girls for this reason, we thought they merit an exclusive commemoration, so we celebrated it outside in the Christian's house.


Maya Angelou is an influential African American author, who has written numerous books of her early experiences as an African American female. Angelou’s poem ‘phenomenal woman’ recognizes the beauty and strength in all women.
Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It’s in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
‘Cause I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario